This home is a shining example of how good design doesn’t have to cost more.
Master builder, Geoff Woolston, has built this home with meticulous care. Here is a small list of the biggest features of this clever, affordable home.
- Very well insulated passive solar design. (ie. cool in summer, warm in winter, no air-conditioning necessary.)
- Courtyard design floods the living area with winter sun.
- Large eaves shade the home from summer sun.
- Every bedroom and living room has an outlook. (rather than just facing a fence.)
- 3m wide side access for a boat or caravan.
- Feature porch/entry with lots of glass and light.
- High ceilings to the living room with maximum width sliding glass doors.
- Feature curved passage from entry to living room.
- Compact, easy care wet areas.
- Elegant street appeal.
- Large double garage with extra storage space.
- Large courtyard for outdoor entertaining.
- Private garden space off master bedroom.
- Large multipurpose room facing the street with its own patio. (possibly media room, home office, guest room, etc…)
|Wauchope Architects & Designers|